- How can I get a Delphi Packard Engineering Handbook?
- Why is convoluted conduit priced differently than other components?
- What do these part suffixes mean?
- How do I obtain pricing on new part numbers that are not recognized on the web?
- When are parts considered "non-cancelable/non-returnable"?
- What turnaround time should I expect on in-stock items?
- What if I have a problem with a shipment after it is received?
- How do I obtain a return material authorization number (RMA)?
- What information will I need when reporting defective material?
- When can I request reimbursement for sorting charges?
- How long do I have to return product?
- When will a restocking charge apply?
- How do I ship my return?
- Where do I ship my return?
- I want to place a cash-in-advance order via your website. How do I do this?
- How can I get information regarding my order or account credit balance?
- Why can't I see my confirmed order online?
- How can I get a tracking number for my order?
- How can I access a drawing?
- How do I obtain a Certificate of Compliance?
- What are your terms and conditions?
- How often are stock levels updated online?
- How do I request open terms?
How can I get a Delphi Packard Engineering Handbook? (Back to Top)
The Delphi Packard Engineering Handbook is no longer available for distribution. Delphi discontinued distribution of the handbook as it contained virtually all parts manufactured by Delphi Connection Systems, including parts targeted for obsolescence or those not readily available. In its place, Delphi has developed its Connection Systems Catalog, which focuses on those parts that are generally accessible and available for sale. The catalog contains a "Product Family Selection Guide" to assist users in determining the product family that best suits their needs. Additionally, each section depicts all of the individual components required to form a complete connection system. Many products and prints are also available on our website.
To download an electronic version of the catalog, click here. Or request a hard copy by completing this request form.
Why is convoluted conduit priced differently than other components? (Back to Top)
Convoluted conduit is priced by the foot, rather than by the piece price like other components. Conduit may be ordered in any of the following manners:
- A Gaylord: the uncut standard pack length. Product usually needs to ship by an LTL truck carrier.
- -C: A smaller pack size that can ship by small package carrier.
- A Gaylord Portion: a single length less than a Gaylord or -C pack size.
- Cut-to-Length: any number of pieces each cut to your specified length
How do I order Molex and TE samples online? (Back to Top)
To order Molex and TE samples, complete the online sample request form or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do these part suffixes mean? (Back to Top)
Power & Signal Group's Innerpacks come in the following types:
- -A and -B are the same as the standard part number but they come in smaller quantities.
- -L parts originally came on a reel. -L indicates that these parts are cut loose from the reel and come in smaller quantities.
- -MR parts come on a mini reel. They are the same as the standard part number except the quantity per reel is smaller.
- -C parts are mini Gaylords of conduit that are the same as the standard part number except the length is shorter. These -C items can be shipped via small package carrier like UPS or FedEx.
How do I obtain pricing on new part numbers that are not recognized on the web? (Back to Top)
Contact your Inside Account Representative for all of you quoting needs. Please remember that specific information about your part usage will help us to provide you with the best quote possible.
User information includes:
- OEM end user
- Application (i.e., headlamp connecter, transmission pass-thru connection system, mass-flow air sensor, etc.)
- Vehicle or Model Type (i.e. class 8 truck, 4WD tractor, electronic power steering, etc.)
- Complete bill of materials
- Production Model Years and respective annual volumes
- Prototype and pilot volumes and respective timing
When are parts considered "non-cancelable/non-returnable"?(Back to Top)
In some circumstances, part numbers are subject to special non-cancelable and non-returnable (NCNR) terms and conditions. Examples of when NCNR terms may apply include, but are not be limited to:
- The manufacturer designates the part non-cancelable and non-returnable
- The manufacturer requires a minimum buy on a particular item.
- You are a high-volume user of a part with otherwise limited usage.
- A part is purchased especially for you when there are no other users.
- The manufacturer's lead time on a part extends beyond your firm order commitment window and Power & Signal Group must order based on your forecast to meet your delivery requirements.
What turnaround time should I expect on in-stock items? (Back to Top)
Most orders for in-stock items can be shipped from our distribution center within 24 hours. For urgent situations, same day shipments may be arranged by contacting your Inside Account Representative.
What if I have a problem with a shipment after it is received? (Back to Top)
Should you encounter any problems or discrepancies with any shipment you receive from Power & Signal Group, please notify us immediately via your Inside Account Representative.For domestic shipments within the U.S., you must notify us of any discrepancies within 15 days of shipment receipt. For international shipments, you must notify us of any discrepancies within 60 days of shipment receipt. Failure to notify us within the specified times may limit our ability to confirm your discrepancy and correct the situation to your satisfaction.
How do I obtain a return material authorization number (RMA)? (Back to Top)
If you need to return product to Power & Signal Group for any reason, you must first call us to request a return material authorization (RMA) number. All return requests are subject to review and approval before an RMA will be issued. For customer convenience returns (those returns not due to Power & Signal Group error or product defect), all material must be in resalable condition. Examples of products that are not considered resalable include, but may not be limited to, situations where:
- Original cartons and labels are not intact
- Engineering change level is no longer current
- Product is obsolete
- Manufacturing traceability is not intact
To ensure quality integrity, we are unable to accept returns of any broken standard packs, Innerpack, or less than case items under any circumstances.
Upon approval of a return request, your Inside Account Representative will send you a Return Material Authorization Label Form containing your RMA number and other information regarding your return. This form also includes a pre-addressed label for your convenience when preparing the return.
Please remember, your RMA number must be issued prior to your return of the product and it must be noted on the outside of every carton you are returning. If you return material to us without first obtaining an RMA number or if your RMA number is not marked on each carton, we will be unable to receive your shipment at our dock and the material will be returned to you at your expense.
Delphi Connection Systems will not issue RMA numbers for product purchased from Power & Signal Group and will not accept returns of material purchased from Power & Signal Group.
What information will I need when reporting defective material? (Back to Top)
When calling to request return authorization for suspect or defective material, we will ask you to provide us the following
- Sample pieces
- A detailed explanation of the questionable material
- Manufacturing date, serial number, and a copy of the product label
We will ship you replacement parts immediately if you advise us that your production will be affected before the product evaluation process is completed. In these instances, you will be invoiced for the replacement parts at the time of shipment. Power & Signal Group reserves the right to confirm defective stock before credit is issued.
When returning defective stock, you must have the Power & Signal Group original carton and label containing the serial number and manufacturing date. If you do not have these, Power & Signal cannot accept your return.
When can I request reimbursement for sorting charges? (Back to Top)
Power & Signal Group will replace defective stock whenever possible Therefore, we will not generally reimburse you for any sorting charges you incur. Exceptions to this policy are handled on a case-by-case basis and should be handled through your Inside Account Representative.
How long do I have to return a product? (Back to Top)
Requests to return material must be made within 90 days of the original invoice date to receive full purchase price credit, less any applicable restocking charges. Requests to return material after 90 days are considered overstock buybacks. In these cases, Power & Signal Group determines which products will be repurchased and the repurchasing price is negotiated at the time of return. All overstock buybacks are subject to restocking charges.
When will a restocking charge apply? (Back to Top)
Power & Signal Group may apply a restocking charge on your return under certain circumstances. These may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Returns of customer overstock
- Returns due to customer ordering errors
- Return of product via unauthorized carrier
- Return of product on a freight-collect basis
How do I ship my return? (Back to Top)
All returned material must be shipped on a prepaid basis via United Parcel Service. On occasion, the physical size of a return dictates that it be sent via common carrier. Common carrier returns should be sent via Con-Way on a freight-prepaid basis. If you would like to use an alternative common carrier, please contact our Transportation Department at 440-394-2235 prior to shipping. No domestic returns will be accepted via airfreight under any circumstances.
Power & Signal Group will credit your account for any prepaid freight charges incurred to return product to us, provided that an error on Power & Signal Group's part has created the need for the return. In cases where a restocking charge is applicable, Power & Signal Group will not reimburse you for any freight charges.
|IMPORTANT NOTE: Your RMA Number must be clearly marked on the outside of every carton being returned.|
Where do I ship my return? (Back to Top)
All material purchased from Power & Signal Group should be returned directly to:
- Power & Signal Group
- Attn: Returns Center
- 5440 Naiman Parkway
- Solon, OH 44139
I want to place a cash-in-advance order via your website; How do I do this? (Back to Top)
Our website does not currently support cash-in-advance orders. Contact your Inside Account Representative to process a cash-in-advance payment.
How can I get information regarding my order or account credit balance? (Back to Top)
You can check the order status of your account online by accessing the “My account” page (link).
Why can't I see my confirmed order online? (Back to Top)
Your order could be on hold.
How can I get a tracking number for my order? (Back to Top)
You can access your order tracking information from the My Account page.
How can I access a drawing? (Back to Top)
Drawings that are available are displayed with part search results. Access Parts Search to begin.
How do I obtain a Certificate of Compliance? (Back to Top)
The Certificate of Compliance is located on the bottom of our packing slips.
What are your terms and conditions? (Back to Top)
Power & Signal Group’s terms and conditions may be downloaded here.
How often are stock levels updated online? (Back to Top)
Stock levels are updated every hour.
How do I request open terms? (Back to Top)
Please download and complete this credit application. Email it to email@example.com. A sales or finance rep will contact you within a week to let you know the status of your application. Please note that a $500 initial order must be placed at the time of the application.